Sunday, May 25, 2014

Canon EOS Users?




Charlie W


I'm going on holiday to Iceland this summer, and I was wondering if there were any lenses, or settings that you could recommend, as it is going to be extremely bright?


Answer
For landscapes I'd suggest a wide lens, such as the Canon EF-S 10-22 or the Sigma 10-20 ... Also I'd suggest for an everyday walk around lens the Canon EF 17-40 f/2.8L .. if that is not in your budget, the Canon EF 28-135 IS USM.. The Canon EF 50mm 1.8 is an inexpensive prime lens, great for interior shots.

Any of the lenses can be stopped down so the brightness is not as much of an issue as you'd think, but.. I'd also bring a Circular Polarizer for each lens size, and perhaps a Neutral Density filter or two, in different strengths.

What Canon camera lens do you recommend for everyday use and travel?




Fox


Right now i'm just using the standard 18-55mm lens that came with my camera but I'd like a little better quality and maybe a little more zoom. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.


Answer
Any of the lenses below could make good general purpose lenses (especially the EF-S lenses). It all boils down to exactly what focal length suits your needs and what your budget is.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=149




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment