Thursday, April 24, 2014

what events should I shoot with a Canon 85mm f/1.2L Lens?







what events should I shoot with a Canon 85mm f/1.2L Lens? I hear it's best for indoor sports and weddings, but what else? I've read reviews about this lens but I want to know what type of events I could shoot with it if I do end up buying it.


Answer
I cannot emphasize how correct Paul R is. Why spend thousands of dollars on a lens and then force yourself to shoot in a way that uses it? It's much better to understand what kind of photography you like to do, and then choose a lens that suits you.

Should I spend more on the Canon EF 85mm f/1.8USM or stick with the cheaper 50mm lens?







I have a Canon Rebel XT. I'd be using the lens primarily for portraiture..This will be the first lens I'm purchasing myself so I want to make sure I'm getting the right one! I've never done this before any advice is appreciated!
I've used my friend's 50mm and love it however I read reviews online and it said that the 85mm f/1.8 USM is a better lens and better investment. The 50 mm is cheaper (on amazon about $90) and the 85 is about $300. I don't mind spending more if the quality is a great difference better.
Any advice? THANK YOU!



Answer
Hey,

Full Frame or not, the 85mm has better quality than the 50mm f/1.8 and f/1.4. The f/1.8 gets good at f/5.6 while the 85mm f/1.8 is great at f/2.

Here's a post called 'Buying a Portrait Lens, what's important and which one to get. There are also Amazon links so here is the post - http://the-digital-photographer.blogspot.com/2010/03/buying-portrait-lens.html

Good luck. I'd really get the 85mm. They both are great but nothing can beat the 85mm unless you go 1000$. It's a hidden L lens (which are usually better).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment