Sunday, April 20, 2014

Wedding Photography camera Canon 50d vs. full frame & 20d Lens recommendations?




Lyndsey R


I shoot an average of 2-4 weddings a month. I currently use 2: Canon 20d cameras, I bought a Canon 430(?) flash which I find useless, I bought the Metz 58 and have been happy so far, till i blew the bulb last night(do they make a replacement?) I am looking at upgrading the cameras. Is the 50d a good choice or is the full frame really worth it? I only wanted to upgrade because people ask the megapixals and when I say 8 they gasp. Since everyone and their mother can buy a 10-15mp at walmart for $100. I can blow my 8mp 24x36 with great defination. I also have a Tamron lense 18-200 love the versitility. Should I add some low light lenses like the 50mm 1.8 or is it worth it? Should I add the Tamron 10-24mm lense or 11-18mp? Please maky any recomendations camera, lense, flash. I have wasted time on a slave flash yet, is it worth it?


Answer
Canonâs new EOS 50D bridges the gap between the novice and the seasoned pro with a perfect combination of high-speed and quality. It features an APS-C sized 15.1-megapixel CMOS sensor for tremendous images, new DIGIC 4 Image Processor for fine detail and superior color reproduction, and improved ISO capabilities up to 12800 for uncompromised shooting even in the dimmest situations. It features a refined 3.0-inch Clear View LCD (920,000 dots) monitor, supercharged Live View Function with Face Detection Live mode, plus a number of new automatic Image Correction settings and HDMI output for viewing images on an HDTV. Pick up the EOS 50D and youâll experience true digital inspiration!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EQ4BY0?ie=UTF8&tag=nop107-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001EQ4BY0"

What is a great wide angle lens for a Canon 50d?

Q. I have a Canon 50d and am taking a trip to Germany soon. I want to take amazing pictures of the landscape and the architecture. I am planning on renting a lens because I don't have 2k to spend on an amazing lens and I can rent one for a fraction of the price.

I would like to rent a wide angle lens that shows some distortion, but not extreme. I don't want a fish eye and I have never worked with a fixed lens before. I'm looking at www.lensrentals.com and am interested in there Zeiss 18mm or the Tokina 11-16mm or 12-24mm but I have no experience with these lenses and wanted some guidance.

I want a good quality lens, but I have no clue which one I should rent.

Help!


Answer
How "amazing" the image will be is entirely up to you and your decisions about lighting and composition, not the lens. That said, the right lens may determine whether or not the shot you want is possible. For architecture, I like ulltrawide lenses like the EF-s 10-22mm (on the 50D) or EF 17-40mm and 16-35mm lenses on full-frame cameras like the 5D.

When mounted on the 50D, the manual focus only, Zeiss 18mm's field of view may not be wide enough to accomplish your goals. The Tokina 11-16mm and 12-24mm lenses you are considering might be better options for you than the Zeiss lens in this case. All that said, it should also be noted that the daily rate for the Tokina 11-16mm is higher than that of Canon's 10-22mm. The daily rate of the Tokina 12-24mm zoom than either the Canon or Tokina 11-16mm. I've shot with all these lenses and in this case, the Canon is the widest lens of the bunch and would be my lens of choice if I were you.

For what it is worth, I used to own the Canon 10-22mm. It was one of my favorite lenses on my Canon 40D and 7D. The only reason I don't own that lens today is the fact I own a 5D Mark II and Ef 16-35mm f/2.8L II that offers the same coverage as the 10-22mm did on my 40D nad 7D. Below are shots you should have no problem duplicating with your 50D and the Canon EF-s 10-22mm lens:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fastfingers/5132258857
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fastfingers/4906003809
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fastfingers/4784888954
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fastfingers/4697327825
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fastfingers/4697312903




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment