Sunday, April 20, 2014

camera lens?




mdjgirl7


Will any canon lens fit a rebel? What would be a good lens to start off with?

yes I know nothing lol



Answer
Hi MD Girl. Not all Canon lenses will work on a Rebel digital Specifically.... none of the FD lenses have the same type of mount as do the EF lenses... (by EF, I refer to the electronic focusing lenses that are "electronically" driven when mounted to the camera). I have found out the hard way :(( that not all of the EF lenses will work on every camera either ... and I mostly refer to the one you are asking about... the Rebel. If you use the wrong kind of lens on your camera... you will get an error message and the camera will not take ANY pictures, so when buying a lens, make sure it signifiies that it is designed for your camera. As for a good lens to start off with.... many people will recommend the 50mm, but I don't. You will be happy with a 50mm initially... but after a few shooting trips you will be wanting to take long range shots or maybe very wide angle landscapes and the 50mm is just too restrictive. I recommend and always have in my camera bag a telephoto zoom lens. 18-200mm or 70-210mm gives you many more photo opportunites than does a standard 50mm. And let me pass on another piece of advice since you are in the market for a lens. Always look to see where the lens is manufactured... it is printed somewhere on the lens body. It will say Made in _____ . Your best quality lenses will be made in Japan. I never buy those made in any of the other countries.... and if you compare the two... you will see the difference in the weight and in the craftsmanship. Hope that gives you something to consider. Thanks for reading and happy shopping. :))

Which Camera Lens?

Q. I just bought a Canon Rebel EOS Digital XTi camera (newbie to photography) which came with a Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 and a Tamron AF 28-80mm F/3.5-5.6 Aspherical lens. I am taking a trip to Scotland and want to a have a universal lens and I don't know if the one I have will work well enough (the AF28-80mm). I don't know what I should get and I don't want to spend a lot either. Any ideas? I plan on taking a lot of landscape photos, castles etc.


Answer
Ok, land scape lenses 'usually' require a wide angle, when set at infinity or less have an enormous depth of field (ie all will be in focus) - Hint: Set your depth of focus, so that it's extremity is on infinity (not the focus point) this way you will have a far greater depth of field.
Telephotos usefull for other things rather than landscapes and buildings, so take 28-80 mm lens, this will be far more usefull all round.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment