Friday, April 18, 2014

what are interchangeable lens?




kingslate


what are interchangeable lens on a camera. can you make simple so can understand


Answer
Any camera where the user has an option to change lenses is called a Interchangeable Lens Camera (ILC).

Point and Shoot (PS) cameras on the other hand come with a fixed combination of Lens and Sensor assembly on the camera body.

SLR / DSLR / DSLT cameras are the most popular ILC cameras. These are available from Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony (DSLT).

The hottest category of ILC cameras is now the "Mirrorless ILC". These cameras allow the light to fall directly on the sensor and the rear LCD screen acts as a full time viewfinder. Sony NEX is an example of MILC. All "Micro Four Thirds" cameras are MILC cameras.

Help with finding the right dslr camera lens?




Jackie


I'm looking into buying my first dslr camera but I'm kind of confused on what kind of lens to get. I'm looking for something with a really good zoom and I know for a point and shoot camera I'd want something that is over a 20x Zoom so what would this equal to for a dslr lens? I hope this makes sense, I don't know much about dslr cameras.


Answer
The most common kit lens is 18-55mm
which translates to 55/18 = 3.05x zoom

Nikon makes a 18-300mm, which translates to 16.67x zoom
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18-300mm.htm

A 300mm fixed focus lens means 0x zoom
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/3004af.htm

You are looking at proper DSLR's & they dont operate the same way as point & shoots




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment