Sunday, April 13, 2014

Great Dslr camera for portraits?




Aieisia


I'm getting ready to practice taking professional like pictures (portraits). What is the best camera to get? I'm not trying to spend over $1200.


Answer
You will learn quickly that the DSLR has less of an impact than using the correct lens and good lighting. I suggest you go for the 50mm 1.8 and a swivel headed flash to begin. Perhaps Alien Bees as you move on.

Help me find the right DSLR camera and lens (action and portrait) please?







I am looking to buy a good quality DSLR camera and lens that works well for action as well as portrait photos. This will be my first DSLR camera so I understand I do not want a really complex camera, but I am not looking for a beginner's camera either, as I adjust well to technology fairly fast. Features I am looking for include:

1. High continuous speed
2. Large buffer
3. High ISO for any type of lighting
4. Crystal clear, crisp photo quality
5. A camera within budget (I currently have $530, but am willing to save up a little extra if necessary; I do not want anything around $1000 range please)
5. I don't want a huge camera; I need something fairly portable



Answer
Wow, you don't want much do ya?!

At your budget level, it will be tough so I'll give you my two cents worth of "general" answers. Go to a camera store that sells used. If you want high quality images at a high continuous speed for both action and portrait you are going to have to go bit higher end. Something like a Nikon D60 has decent speed, very good quality and you should be able to find it used at a nice price. Add a fixed lens (like the 50mm f1.8) for portraits and you would be in pretty good shape.

You're going to see a lot of sales on camera in the next month or so, so if you can be patient you could find a good price on new cameras as the retailers scramble to move inventory.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment