Monday, April 14, 2014

Macro Lens for Canon EOS rebel T1i?




erga


I have a Canon EOS rebel t1i, and it came with its own lens, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS. I'm a beginner in photography, so I don't know much about lenses. I want to buy another lens for the camera. I want to take pictures of my new baby, so I would like to take portraits, close-up shots. Also I want to take landscape pictures in our trips. I know there's no do-it-all lens for these, but what could be a good solution for this. Also I don't plan spending much on a lens, max I want to spend is 500$

Thank you very much for your help!!!



Answer
Why not go for a 50mm macro. You can use it for portraits too - since your cam has a small sensor with a 1.5x conversion factor, you will effectively have a 75mm. Obviously you'll be able to use it to take macro (ultra close up shots too) - although if you are not going to take macro shots, just a regular 50mm would do for ordinary portrait close ups.

Not so good for landscapes though (unless you are willing to stitch shots together to make a panorama) - you'd be better off with a wide angle lens for that, but your 18-55 should do just fine.

**Canon Rebel T1i Lens Question**?




Kendy


If I could only buy 1 lens for under $500 for the Canon Rebel T1i, which Canon lens would be the most useful range for me to buy? And Why?
Anyone also know of a place to get the best deal on Canon lenses? Thanks!
I want to do portraits, scenery, distorted background, etc... everything you can take a photo of, and I know that certain lenses do certain things, so I am just wondering which one is the most versatile to have until I can afford a macro, a mid range and a telephoto lens.
I was looking at mostly Canon lenses because I heard that if you want to sell one lens to get another, the Canon lenses held their resale value the best.
I will look into the 50mm lens too, and I had heard about the filters. Thanks for sharing with me.



Answer
Kendy,

Give us a hint as to what you'll be shooting most - it will affect recommendations on lenses & focal lengths of lenses to consider. Landscapes/panoramas (natural or somewhat distorted)? Portraits? Nature/Wildlife? Close-ups (macro)?

The very good lenses are quite expensive. You'll likely get more affordable lenses if they are "prime" (fixed length, not zoom). Some photographers consider 50mm prime lenses the most all-purpose lens.

Don't forget to get a very good quality UV filter to append to the front end of your lens that will protect it from scratches (that alone will run you at least $50-75).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment