Monday, February 24, 2014

Im buying a DSLR camera... Any advice on the lens?




Adam Olive


So Im going to buy a DSLR camera soon and Im going to be using it just for playing around taking photos and videos... Not really going to use it for any professional stuff so what lens do you think I should go with or do you think I should just leave it at the stranded 18-55 mm lens... remember im just using it for taking photos for myself and close up videos... what do you guys think??


Answer
I very much dislike the canon 18-55. It seems to perform OK, especially for the price you are effectively paying for it. However, the lens is quite cheaply built.

This lens is also somewhat slow, even for a zoom. If you can only afford one lens and you can't get a faster better built zoom than I recommend the Canon 50mm 1.8. It will allow you to be more creative, get better low-light and is physically smaller if that matter too you. The 50mm 1.8 is surpassingly one of Canon's sharpest lenses despite the plastic body. At only $100 it is a great deal, and is the same price as the kit lens.

This lens does not zoom and will always function as if your camera was slightly zoomed in. If you understand focal lengths, this camera is fixed at 50mm. On most entry dslrs, the crop factor will make it a bit more zoomed in, so to speak. This means you will have to walk around instead of zooming to change composition, which is ok, considering you are getting better glass.

I have a friend who bought a low end dslr with the 18-55mm kit lens. I find that it does not take as good of pictures as other lenses I have used, even on my pricier body.

This is assuming that you are talking about Canon. I know very little about the Nikon DSLRs. From my expericance, the kit lenses on cheaper cameras tend to be pretty poor. Simply an extra add on.

A question about my DSLR camera-lens?




Martin


I have an Olympus E-410 DSLR camera.
When people ask me how big millimeter lens it have,what answer I give,reffering to my "ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm F4.0-5.6"? 40? ......150? ....

Thanks all,in advance.



Answer
If people are asking what the 35 mm SLR equivalent it, just multiply whatever focal length your lenses are by 2. The smaller sensor on your Olympus turns your 40-150 mm lens into an amazing 80-300 mm when compared to a 35 mm SLR or full frame dSLR.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment