Thursday, February 27, 2014

Best lens for a Canon EOS 20d?




Kassandra





Answer
All Canon EF or EF-S lenses.

Really this is true.

What you have to ask us is which lens do you need for shooting the subjects you like

This could be a 10-22 mm wide angle lens for brilliant landscapes
Or a 60 mm f/2.8 macro lens
Or the 18-55 mm that comes with most entry level cameras
Or 70-300 mm IS if you want to shoot sports, action or some wildlife
Or 300 mm f/2.8 or 400 mm f/2.8 if you are shooting sports indoors or at night or are a serious wildlife photographer

Here is the list of all the Canon lenses

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup

And here is a link that shows you what each focal length lens "sees"

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/lens/simulator/

I need a good all-around lens for my Canon 20D.?




angry


I just got the 50mm f/1.4, which I LOVE and use a LOT of the time. I want to have one more lens for versatility, but I can't decide. I've looked at Canon, Sigma and Tamron. I want some kind of zoom, but I don't know if I should get something that goes to the 70-90 range, one that goes to 105-135, or one that goes all the way to 200-300. I don't do much landscape photography. Mostly candids and animal photography.

I just bought the 20D and the 50mm f/1.4, so I have to keep this next one preferably around $200-$250 used (so I guess like a $300-$350 lens?)

My main criterion is sharpness. I'm obsessed with clarity. I can fix color later in Photoshop, but I need something that will give me clear shots of moving (but not quickly) subjects. So I guess I'd need at least f/3.5. Correct me if you think an F/4.5 would do it!



Answer
Canon has just introduced a new lens that would probably be perfect. It is the Canon EF 18-200 F3.5-5.6 IS. It is a very versitile lens with image stabilization (IS). The IS will provide you with a couple of extra stops when hand holding. It wont help you stop action but it will greatly reduce camera shake. Remember to freeze action you need fast shutter speeds. This lens will be about double your budget though. A good lens for you might be the 28-135 F3.5-5.6 IS USM. You should be able to pick it up used for $300 new for $400. It is not the best for sports but it is a good quality lens that has a nice focal range for most subjects. It is also very sharp though not quite as sharp as your prime lens.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment