Thursday, February 27, 2014

Disney World recording?




brad


I am going to disney world pretty soon here and all i want to know is if you are allowed to bring your video camera on the rides and record the ride.


Answer
This is what All Ears has on their website about it. It's a little outdated, but basically you can pretty well tape anything. But they will often stop you if you are using a light or the screen on your camera is out and distracting to others.
http://allearsnet.com/btp/video.htm

"FILMING IN THE PARKS
The places that allow videotaping appear to be inconsistent. One 3D film allows video taping and two others do not. An attraction that once allowed taping no longer does. And a ride that I video taped in Disneyland doesn't allow taping at Disney World. And sometimes you are told at the start of a show that taping is not allowed and sometimes they forget.

Magic Kingdom
You can tape anywhere except at Carousel of Progress (which allowed taping in the past).

Epcot
Honey, Universe of Energy (taping was allowed years ago pre-Ellen & Bill Nye) and American Adventure (no announcement was made, but I asked prior to the show and was told no, the moral being don't ask).

Disney-MGM
Star Tours (I was previously allowed at Disneyland), Sounds Dangerous (you can video lobby exhibits), and no where at no time in the Animation Studio Tour. Yes, you can tape Muppets 3D. I had a lens from a broken pair of glasses all the way back from Magic Journeys and it worked fine on my camera. You won't be able to play back in 3D, but the picture will be viewable. Please do not be encouraged to purposely break a pair of glasses!

You cannot tape in the Backstage Pass in the Soundstage portions of the tour at Disney-MGM.

During the Super Soap Weekend, it is much better to tape your favorite star in the air conditioned comfort of Doug's theatre during their half hour talk sessions, then during the autograph signing unless you are just a glutton for punishment for a few seconds of good tape.

Animal Kingdom

When I was taping Tough to be a Bug they told me to stop. (Jackie, 7/99)"

Right lens for disney world vacation?




tvxq


I'm taking my 18-55mm lens and 75-300mm lens for our vacation to disney world. I just want to know your opinion if I will need the 75-300mm lens at Magic Kingdom? I'm positive that I will need it at Animal Kingdom. I don't want to take my bulky camera bag with me in the parks. How about Epcot and Hollywood Studios? And also is it fine to use tripod inside the parks? I'm traveling with my husband and I'm hoping to get few shots together. Thanks!


Answer
Stick with the 18-55 and forget about the tripod. You can get a little GorillaPod if you want to use a tripod, or just hand your camera to any of the 1000s of people who will be in the park. Generally, I look for people who have a dSLR of he same brand around their neck, because they are most likely going to be able to shoot the photo with minimal oversight. You would have a hard time swinging your camera around you by the strap without hitting at least 1 or 2 people with a similar camera anywhere in the park.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment