Friday, November 15, 2013

What are the best camera lenses to use for portraits and concerts?

dslr camera lenses zoom on Dslr Camera With Zoom Lens Royalty Free Stock Image - Image: 6152686
dslr camera lenses zoom image



x�mead


I just want to hear your suggestions about what camera lenses to use use if you want to...

Take sharp portraits. A lense that captures face and body well. When you photograph outfits or fashion and makeup pictures.

Secondly, I wonder if there's any good lense for concert photography? I guess I should look for a tele-zoom. Some people say they make pictures more blurry. Is this true or just a myth?

Thank you.



Answer
Good portraits can be taken with any quality lens, however something in the 50mm-85mm range is good on a APS-C sized sensor (ie entry levels & prosumer DSLR's). I use either a 50mm f1.8, a 50mm f2.8 macro or an 85mm f1.8.

Concert work - well depends on how close you are & how much light there is. If you're some distance from the stage you'll need something with some reach - a good general purpose lens would be something like the 18-200mm. If its dark, you'll need a lens which is capable of wide apertures (ie f2.8). Unfortunately, to get a combination of long reach AND wide aperture costs a great deal!

How do I compare zoom between point&shoot and DSLR camera?




Robert Mag


I want to buy a camera with really good quality and very high zoom, I see a lot of point&shoot cameras that specify their zoom level, like some new models now indicate 20x zoom.
However, how would that compare to a dslr camera if I buy a telephoto lens or something,
how do I know if the dslr and lens have better than 20x zoom?



Answer
Most cameras now show the focal length in 35mm equivalents. If I take my old compact as an example then:-

It had a 10x zoom. The wide angle lens on this camera started at 25mm. That means simply the "zoom" was 25-250mm in equivalent terms as 25x10=250.

My DSLR lenses on the otherhand are:

18-55mm = 3x
50mm = 0x
70-300mm = 4.3x

Although the crop factor changes the values slightly in 35mm terms (18-55 becomes a 28-80 approx) the 3x "zoom" stays the same.

I think one of the biggest zooms on DSLR is the Tamron 15x 18-270mm




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment