Monday, November 11, 2013

Should I get a Nikon 300D or a Canon 50D? I want a really good digital camera. I'm do some professional work.?

best canon lens jewelry on Lens, 0.45x Wide Angle Lens, Lens Pen Kit, Lens Hood, More For Canon ...
best canon lens jewelry image



Carlee G


I take a lot of portraits, live band performances, and detailed pictures of the jewelry I make. I also want a camera that will take really clear pictures handheld without the flash. Looking to spend under $2,200.00. Which of these would you recommend or do you have a different recommendation.


Answer
don't think the maker matters... any of the dSLR's (not just the two you mention) will do the job. taking portraits shouldn't be an issue for any camera and lens.

bear in mind you may need a macro lens to take the close ups, lighting can be tricky for close ups.

the one I think may be the problem is going to be the live band performances.. you may need exceptional low light capability, image stabilisation and some good post processing software.

so if I were you Id want to break down the budget to include
the camera body
a macro lens
a standard/mid range lens
possibly a telephoto lens
you may be able to get a macro lens which doubles up as a standard lens
some post processing software such as photoshop.

What is a good camera used for detailed picture taking?




Peace


I am a small business owner and need to take a picture of some of my products to upload to my website (some of these are extremely detailed jewelry pieces). The camera that I am currently borrowing does not take the picture as well as how the product, itself, looks. It makes the image blurry and not the right color. I have tried to change the settings to it and the image still comes out either looking light, faded and washed out or too dark and orange hued. Taking videos of the product was much better but it's still not how I want. What camera would you recommend? I also want a camera for other uses, like taking pictures of models or other things put up for display so if I can get one for both purposes, that would be awesome.


Answer
You can spend a ton of money on some really high end equipment, or you can spend some money and get equipment that is good enough. I vote for the good enough route.

Get a decent camera with a sharp lens. You can either buy a used dSLR (Canon or Nikon, it makes no difference) or a good P&S. Here is a good article on moderate P&S cameras:
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/canon-s100/

Here is one on cheaper options:
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cheap-camera/

Then get a little light tent, lights and tripod kit:
http://www.amazon.com/Loadstone-Studio-Photography-Portable-Continuous/dp/B009GNGRQI/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1358189241&sr=8-15&keywords=table+top+lighting+studio
http://www.adorama.com/VRDSB1616.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment