Friday, August 30, 2013

I own a cheap 75-300mm lens by Canon. Quality is not that great. Any tips to improve quality?

dslr camera with twin lens kit on Nikon D3200 DSLR with 18-55mm VR and AF 70-300mm f4-5.6G Twin Lens Kit
dslr camera with twin lens kit image



007


I purchased a Canon EOS 1100D DSLR with a twins lens kit. I use the Canon 75-300mm lens very much as I usually photograph long distance subjects. I am into wildlife photography greatly (I go to my local park and photograph birds) and astrophotography plays a small part (I only shoot the moon in my spare time).

My photographs are not as sharp (or high in quality). I believe it is the inexpensive 75-300mm lens that causes this. It's not fast too so that becomes a problem when photographing flying birds. Unfortunately I cannot afford the Canon L-Series lens, a 400mm though that would be ideal for wildlife photography. 600mm would be a dream.

In fact, in the past, I thought of getting teleconverters to make is a 600mm lens but then I did research. My lens quality is not that great then it'll be even worse with teleconverters.

Anyhoo, are there any tips or advice I can get to improve picture quality while taking photographs of wildlife and the moon especially? I heard having a DSLRs aperture on lowest makes a camera not work as well than in quality than around f/8 for example but I am not sure if that is true. I hope this is not too much to ask for a single question posted. Thanks in advance.
This purchase of an EOS 1100D (twins lens kit) was done almost 2 years ago. I was not well educated on cameras and listened to the salesman. What a foolish move.



Answer
Any of the Canon 70-300 mm lenses are good ones. The Canon 75-300 mm is one of the only dog lenses Canon ever made

I am visiting Alabama from the UK next week.Where is the cheapest place to buy Digital SLR cameras(not online)




Ben Wren


I am hoping to buy an Olympus E-510 DSLR (twin lens kit) and will not be able to order anything online, so would like to know the best places in Alabama to buy such a camera cheaply.


Answer
I am a retired professional photographer. Over the years the camera store as I use to know it is disappearing. Ritz is good. But my purchases have been by phone to either B & H Photo 1-800-947-6933 in New York or Adorama 1-800-223-2500. Costco, Circuit City, and some other "big box" retailers would probably fit your needs. I would also suggest reading my comments on returning cameras in other questions found here.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment