Sunday, August 25, 2013

Do photos come out the same using the same lens on any camera?

best lens canon 1100d on Best kit lens upgrade for Canon DSLRs: 10 tested - Worldnews.com
best lens canon 1100d image
Q. By this I mean, if I used a 18-55mm lens on a Canon 1100D and took a photo of a flower and if I used the 18-55mm lens on a Canon 7D will the photos come out the same?
I could be completely wrong here but thanks for reading


Answer
for the most part yes. But no.
The 7D has a better sensor than the 1100D and that will impact the quality of the image. The size of the image will also be larger in pixels. You will find that the settings on the 7D are more accurate than the 1100D.
As for the focal length and the basics? yes it will be the same.
Now, if you go to a full frame sensor it wouldn't. First of all the 18-55 won't even work on a full frame sensor. But if you had say a 50mm lens and used it on a 1100D or a 7D and then used it on a full frame sensor it would have a wider frame of view-or less zoom at 50mm on a full frame than on a crop. There would be more on the sides in the full frame image.

Do you reckon it is worth buying the Canon 800mm lens for AU $14685 or not?




007


That is, if I save up. 15 dollars each day for 979 days. By then, I have the money. I am planning to use it for the moon, sun (with solar filter), and some planets. I can already see a bulge of Saturn which is its rings with my 300mm lens from my Canon EOS 1100D.

I also have a 2x teleconverter. So it will be 1600mm instead of 800mm.
The moon and sun (with solar filter of course) will look fairly large on the 1600mm.
Do you think it is worth the effort? I think it is but am still not 100% sure.
This is for astrophotography.
I am a bit uneducated in this topic but will start to research.
I do know that astrophotography is NOT cheap.



Answer
Astrophotography is best done using a telescope with a motorized accessory that keeps it aimed at the stars or planets during long exposures.

Just visit one of the astronomy clubs in your area.

For the kind of money you are intending to spend on the lens will buy you an amazing telescope and a Canon 60Da, a camera that is specifically made for astronomy and have money left over.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_60da

http://www.opticsplanet.com/celestron-cge-pro-1400-hd-computerized-telescope-11094.html

The cost of adapting the Canon 60Da to such a telescope is under $50.

I suggest that you spend some time looking for telescopes on line so you have an idea of what options you have and then when you visit your local astronomy club, you will have an idea of what you are seeing when they meet to view the heavens.

800 mm photographic lenses are more for shooting wildlife, maybe surveillance by government agencies and shooting some sporting events.

You do NOT need auto focus, nor a aperture when shooting planets and stars.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment