Thursday, August 29, 2013

What are the best lens to use for Canon 7d Video?

best canon lens 7d video on ... Angle Lens for Canon 7D | Best Lens for Canon 7DBest Lens for Canon 7D
best canon lens 7d video image
Q. I'm not quite sure what to purchase and would enjoy help considering quality and budget, i'm looking lenses that i'll be able to get a very thin depth of fields as well as full focus wide angle shots.


Answer
I would consider Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Standard Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras

EF mount; standard zoom lens; Comes with Lens Cap E77U, Rear Lens Cap, Lens Hood EW-83F, Soft Lens Case 1219.
Ultra-low Dispersion glass with Fluorite elements; inner focusing ring; full-time manual focus; aspherical lens
24-70mm focal length
f/2.8 constant maximum aperture
UltraSonic Motor (USM) AF actuator

What is a good price for a decent, semi-expensive video camera?




Ryan


(TL;DR: What video camera would you suggest in the 1000-2000$ price range? Feel free to deviate a little bit from that price, but stay close.)


I'm an independent film creator, and I'm looking to buy a new camera. The camera I currently have only cost 135 dollars. It was good for what I used it for, but since eveything on the camera was automatic, I couldn't adjust the Zoom, change the White balance, etc. The megapixels weren't that good either. I just had a hard time making my videos look professional. What camera would you suggest that I buy in the one to two thousand dollar price range? Lenses to go with it?



Answer
The Canon Vixia HF G20 is about $1100 at Amazon and is a very good "prosumer" model. The XA10 is a professional model and is about $1700. You can read about both at the link I've given below. They will shoot about the same videos (they have the same sensor and processor), but the XA10 has better connections for external mics and much more manual control.

There are no "lenses to go with it." The lens is built in.

I have the G10 (previous model of the G20) and am VERY happy with it. Heck, I also have the strictly consumer M400 (current version is the M500 or maybe even one model later) and I think you'd be very happy with that too.

Frankly, I think that if you step all the way up from a toy camera (sorry) to a $1000 or more prosumer camera you are going to leave most of the new camera's capabilities unused for a long time. (A friend of mine did that and has never taken the G10 off of "full auto".) I certainly wouldn't get something like the XA10 in your position. You need to keep some of your budget for decent mics, a GOOD tripod with a ball fluid head, etc.

Another option would be something like the Canon 7d DSLR. Then you do have to buy lenses. But DSLRs are really set up more for taking pictures than movies.

Verb. Sap.: Ignore anyone who tells you that you should buy a miniDV or HDV camera, or that DSLRs invariably overheat when shooting video over a few minutes long - that advice is YEARS out of date. miniDV and HDV formats are all but dead!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment