Thursday, August 29, 2013

How to take pictures of Las Vegas lights at night without a tripod?

best camera lens for las vegas on Yugioh+number+17+leviathan+dragon
best camera lens for las vegas image



Cary M


I am not a beginner at photography but definitely a novice. I have a compact digital camera with quite a few settings options. A tripod is out of the question, so how do I get decent shots with a fast shutter speed to eliminate blur from camera shake? The camera does have image stabilization but I'm not too sure how effective it will be.


Answer
Depends on how long you want to expose for.
If you just want to get the lights and no "fancy" effects then bracing yourself against something solid and with a standard to wide angle lens then you should be able to hand hold to about 1/15 without getting movement blur.
Alternatively, prop the camera on a solid object (wall, car roof etc).

What am I looking for in a lens for airplane photography?




armenharou


I am looking for a good DSLR and Lens to start off my aviation photography hobby. I will be spotting at Imperial Hill at LAX mostly and some near airports like Las Vegas and San Franscisco, etc. I was looking at a 70-300mm lens but wondering if I need image stabilization. The Nikon, Canon? Which one I am looking at just does. Budget is around 800-900 dollars. I also wouldnt mind getting a kit with the 18-55mm lens. Ebay has Great deals but Which camera?
Nikon D40 with 18-55mm, D50, D70s
Canon XT Kit, XTi



Answer
The Canon XTi is slightly better than the Nikon D40 because it has more features. I personally don't think the body is that important. I'd rather get a cheap body and a good lens. I've seen some awesome photos taken by the original Canon Digital Rebel (300D). I think the lens with the combination of good composition (framing) is more important than a camera body.

If you have the budget to get a 70-300mm with IS, that would be awesome. It won't help if you can find a lens with IS because you can always use it for other things, such as candid people shots. IS will also help on overcast days if you need to use slower shutter speeds or for those 300mm long shots.

You can check out http://pbase.com/cameras for real world samples. You can lookup by lenses and bodies to see samples.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment