Sunday, March 2, 2014

What makes a DSLR camera good?




Euronymous


I would like to be a professional live concert photographer, and I'm looking for a nice DSLR camera, and I expect to buy a good lense for indoor live concert shooting.

I've been looking at all different cameras. Nikon D40, D60, D90, Canon XSI, and what I'm realizing is, it seems that what really makes the photographs great is the lense more then anything. All these camera bodies seem pretty much the same. So, my question is, should I buy a more affordable Nikon D40 or affordable Rebel, and spend the real money on the lenses?

Thank you so much for your help!



Answer
What makes a dSLR camera good?

The person using it.

Seriously - pretty much all of the dSLR cameras out there are really quite decent (all the current versions anyhow). Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus - they all make good gear - they all make some decent (often excellent) lenses (but they also make some stinkers), and they all now have relatively large sensors.

The real magic lies with the person using the camera - do they have an eye for photography, do they know how to set up the camera to capture what they want to show in their pictures etc...Sadly - this is the area I struggle with most - but am working on. It is rarely the camera's fault. Now when I was shooting film - I could blame the camera on occasion since I had no way of previewing what I had shot - but with digital - it's largely up to the operator to get the best out of the shot.

You are right though - the lens is one of the most critical aspects of the total system. Put a sub-par lens on a Canon 5DMkII and you will get lousy pictures. But similarly, put the best lens on the most expensive and full featured camera and hand it to someone with no real photographic vision and you will end up with perfectly focused, very high resolution pictures of something completely uninteresting and uninspiring.

Can I interchange Canon lenses betw/ my DSLR and Film SLR camera?




PDXMom3


I have two Canon Rebel SLR cameras. One is digital (about 2 1/2 years old) and the other is about 4 years old and is a film camera. I just realized that my 28-80 lens from my film camera seems to fit on my digital SLR. Is it okay to put it on there? Is there a reason why I should or should not? Thank you for any advice.
I'm trying to select the best answer but something is wrong -it's not letting me?!?!?



Answer
You certainly can use the lenses from your film camera on your digital. As long as they are an EOS mount lens. All Canon cameras and lenses from 1987 on will be EOS mount.

You can not however use the EFs lens that came with your digital SLR on your film camera. It would cause vignetting and could damage the mirror on your film camera. The EFs lenses are specifically designed for the crop sensor DSLR's.

Typically most people will only have one or two EFs lenses though. The 18-55mm lens that comes with the camera and maybe a 10-22mm wide angle lens. Most other lenses will be the EF lenses and will work on both film and digital.

Bottom line is you can use all EOS lenses on your digital both EF and EFs. On your film you can only use the EF lenses.

Hope this explains everything for you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment