Monday, March 3, 2014

What lens for a canon XTI is best for Sports photography?




Sdgirl26


OK i have done my research BUT i do not have the $4,000 for the EF 300mm f/2.8 lens. I am looking for the next best thing. I want something in the $800 range or less i have seen a smaller lens running for $1,200 but right now i just don't have the money..whats the cheapest f/2.8 lens out there for canon cameras?


Answer
It's impossible to find a 300mm f/2.8 of any brand for $800.

I'd suggest going for the next best thing, a 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom, not sure if 200mm is enough for you (I find it just nice for basketball game).

But canon's offering cost a lot and only the f/4 non IS version would fit your needs.

Here's what I found:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/533555-REG/Sigma_579_101_70_200mm_f_2_8_II_EX.html

A sigma lens, $799. Not sure if they still have that QC problem or not (they used to) but it should do fine. There's a cheaper alternative from Tamron, but it focuses so slow it's not suitable for sports at all.

Hope this helps.

Best Sports Photography Lens?




Ashley


For my Canon Rebel xti

I'm not sure how much I would like to spend yet, so all price ranges would be helpful.
Mostly Indoor Basketball



Answer
I like the Canon 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens for sports photography. It has f/4.5-6, an Ultrasonic motor and Image Stabilization.
Canon also makes a 100-400mm telephoto lens which has f/4.5-6 Leaf shutter capability, Image Stabilization and an ultrasonic motor.
Don't pick a cheaper lens, especially if it's doesn't have Image Stabilization.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment