Thursday, March 6, 2014

What is a good camera lens for landscape/travel?




Julia Henr


I'm going to Italy in a month and I was hoping to buy a new lens for my trip. Any suggestions?
I have a low budget, must be under $500. I'd prefer it to be around $300.
Oh and I have a Nikon d90, if that helps any.



Answer
The 18-105 mm lens is sufficient for what you want to do.

Most travel photos are shot using a wide angle lens, like the Nikkor 10-24 mm lens

If you have visited the Nikon website, you will notice that your $300-$500 budget is a little short. You need to save more pennies.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Camera-Lenses/index.page

You will notice, there are very few lenses (other than maybe three or four) that actually fall in that range. None of them are wide angle zoom lenses

The 10-24 mm wide angle lens would be especially helpful shooting in ancient towns and cities like Venice, Udine, Padova, Trieste and others

Can I travel with my camera lens on my carry-on bag w no problem?




Mark


I recently purchased a nikon DSLR camera and some lens that are very, very expensive.

I have a trip coming up on Dec. And obviously I'm very nervous putting them inside my check-in luggage because some TSA or whoever might go & steal it.

I can put them inside my carry-on bag with no troubles going thru the security check points, right?


thanks!!!!!!!



Answer
Cameras are not a weapon and are not dangerous. The TSA people _will not care_ that you have a camera in your bag. No one will.

Never put anything valuable in checked in luggage.

Just leave it all in your carry on bag when you send everything through the x-ray machine. You do not have to tell them you have a camera. I have traveled many times with a digital camera and nobody has every said anything or asked about it. Really. it is just another electronic device, and most passengers on planes these days have several pieces of electronics.

Going through the x-ray machine will have absolutely no effect on the camera or the memory card.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment