Thursday, July 4, 2013

How long do you use Canon DSLR lens?

best canon lens 5d on Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 VC Video Footage & Review
best canon lens 5d image



pikachu


I am trying to buy Canon 24-70mm lens which costs over $1300..
If this lens is well taken care of, how long do you think I can use it?

I am using t2i now.. and I am planning to buy FF body like 5D in 4 ~ 5 years.
I have to decide whether I choose 17-55mm or 24-70mm.
If the lens tends to last longer, I would definitely go for 24-70mm.



Answer
I'd go for the 17-55IS on the crop and wait for the 24-702.8L II. You can always sell the popular 17-55IS later on. (or keep the T2i + the 17-55IS as a backup when you go fullframe) Who knows in 4-5 years there might even be a 24-70f2.8L III to go with the 5DMiv or v. My first lens for my T1i, on the advice of a Pro, besides the 18-55IS kit lens, was the 70-200f4L IS. This turned out to be a great piece of advice and I still use it on the crop with or without a 1.4 extender and it produces really great shots. On my 5DM2 I use a Sigma 50 in between the 16-35f2.8L II and the 70-200f4 L IS zoom. I'm not sure if I'll bother getting the 24-70 II. We'll see. P.S. None of my lenses show any sign of wear and tear however I do look after them.

What's the best canon lens for pleasure photography and vacations?




Buttercup


Hey guys. I'm a 15 year old girl and for the past 2 years I've been saving up for a canon 5d mark ii and I'm almost there and I was wondering, which lens is the best for personal photography and vacations etc? Me and my dad travel a lot to big cities and stuff. Two of the things I'm looking forward to is going to NYC for New Year 2014 and we're also going to Sochi for the 2014 Olympic games. So I definitely want a lens for that.

I also like to take pics of my animals, and at the beach and of my friends at school. Any suggestions?



Answer
By purchasing a full frame camera, you have limited yourself to buying Canon EF lenses. The less expensive EF-S lenses cannot be used on your 5D, Mark II without damaging the cameras mirror.

Here is a link to all the Canon lenses.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup

As you can see, you still have a lot of lenses to choose, but you may need more than just one lens for covering the subjects you like to shoot.

Here is a link that will show you what different focal length lenses "see"

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/lens/simulator/index.htm

When I am in Manhattan, I use a 14-24 mm lens to shoot the city.
When I am shooting field sports, I use a 70-300 mm when shooting in bright sun or a 300 mm f/2.8 when shooting indoors or at night
The lens I use for shooting my friends and events is the 24-70 mm f/2.8 lens

As you can see, the fine 5D, Mark II is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to building a camera system




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment