Monday, May 5, 2014

Which camera is better,the Sony A390 or the Canon Rebel XS?

Q. The Sony has 14.2MP and includes an extra lens w/50-200mm.

The Canon has 10.1MP and includes an extra lens w/75-300mm.

I would be taking pictures of children,newborns,pets,landscapes,engagement photos,weddings,maternity,etc,just to give you guys an idea. Definetly nothing in a magazine or on a billboard, Nothing would be bigger than an 8x10 if printed out.

I have heard many great things from the canon but haven't seen any reviews from the sony. I have also heard that the higher the MP are,the faster your memory cards fill up. I have a digital polaroid 10MP and I buy the 2GB and it can fit about 1000 pictures on the card.

Yes I know it has to be one that I AM comfortable with. I know that. I want to know which one is a better camera>
It comes as a package deal. The sony is cheaper at $516 and the canon is $619. The other canon with the 50-200mm lens would be $649 which I can't afford.

I really would be just taking pictures of my kid. Really want to upgrade from my crappy digital that can't snap a photo fast enough.
I just read this about the canon.....10.1-megapixel CMOS sensor captures enough detail for poster-size, photo-quality prints


Answer
I would take the Canon over the Sony without even thinking about it. The Rebel is capable of taking nice photos.

Here is the same kit at B&H for $599.98 (after instant rebate) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/589104-REG/Canon_EOS_Rebel_XS_a_k_a.html

Check out your local camera stores (not electronic store), this week a local shop is having a "Canon week" sale (with Canon reps, giveaways,etc on Saturday). They have the same kit you are talking about or the Rebel XS with the 18-55 & 55-250IS lenses, for $599.98

But now the bad news...start saving your pennies if you want to get into the DSLR realm of photography (this goes for any brand).

You will want to upgrade the lenses to a faster lens (the lower the f/stop number the "faster" it is...f/2.8 or faster is better for dealing with inside shots due to less lighting). I would also suggest getting a flash diffuser for your camera to cut down on "bright spots"until you can afford a nice hot shoe flash that you can angle.

I would also suggest taking a weekend camera course at your local community college (or even local camera shop, sometime the basic course is free if you buy the camera there).

Good luck

Sony α390 DSLR .VS. Nikon - Coolpix L120 Helppppp?




Kickasstak


I need help choosing one of these Cameras.. please help with the details?
I'm trying to start photography.



Answer
You are comparing apples to oranges.

The Sony A390 is a DSLR - Digital Single Lens Reflex - camera that allows you to change lenses to suit the conditions or express your creativity. It has an APS-C sensor that measures 23.5mm x 15.7mm and has 14.2 megapixels. This sensor size allows each pixel to be larger which means better performance in low light or at high ISO settings.

The Nikon CoolPix L120 is a "bridge camera" - a digital camera that resembles a DSLR but is smaller and has the same sized sensor as most compact digicams. Its sensor measures a tiny 6.16mm x 4.62mm and has 14 megapixels. With such a small area for 14mp to occupy each pixel is very tiny which means poor performance in low light or at high ISO settings. The L120 has a permanently attached lens.

The sensor in the A390 is 13 times bigger than the sensor in the L120. Each pixel is approximately 13 times bigger on the A390 sensor than the pixel on the L120 sensor.

In my opinion you should go to a camera store and handle both cameras. You may find that a DSLR isn't to your liking due to its size and weight.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment