Monday, March 24, 2014

First DSLR Camera? Sony, Nikon, and Canon? Help!?




Joyce


Okay so I am 13, a girl, and I really love photography. I was supposed to get my first DSLR camera for Christmas but I don't know what kind to get.
My friend got a Sony a580 or something like that and the pictures are awesome. Except then I heard that Sony isn't as food as Canon and Nikon, since it's new. I was going to get the same camera as my friend because I'm not sure if I need like a bajillion different lenses that Canon and Nikon have.
I was going to get the Samsung ST550, a digital camera that was dual screen, because I heard it has a great "beauty" feature. And I wish that they made a DSLR that also had a beauty feature, because I'm not getting the Samsung. And it's not like I can just bring a DSLR camera to school and take pictures with my friends, so I'm using my iPhone 4 as my "digital" camera. Or like a camera I can take anywhere. I like to take pictures of random things, ahahaha. Self portraits for Facebook profile pictures, my dog, babies and toddlers from church, nature, and flowers, and jumping/moving pictures. And over Spring Break, our whole entire extended family is going to Hawaii and I want to take pictures, and I don't think my phone will cut it.
So what DSLR camera should I get? And I probably wont get a lot of lenses.

I want the Sony a580.
Model Features: 16.2MP, Exmor⢠APS sensor, 1080/60i Full HD movies, two types of Live View, Face Detection, 3D Sweep Panorama, tiltable 3.0" LCD, up to 7 fps continuous shooting, 18-55mm DT zoom lens included.

Sony a55.
Model Features: 16.2MP, Translucent Mirror Technologyâ¢, Quick AF Full HD Movie, GPS tagging, Live View with Phase detection, 10 fps, 15-point auto focus, 18-55mm zoom lens included.

Sony a35
Model Features: 16.2MP, Translucent Mirror Technologyâ¢, Quick AF Full HD Movie, Main sensor Live View with Phase detection, Face Detection, 3D Sweep Panorama, 3.0" LCD, up to 7 fps continuous shooting, 18-55 zoom lens included.

So it's up to those 3. You can suggest another brand/model.anything!



Answer
Well. you're proving my point. Sony is very good at marketing cameras with just the right feature set to appeal to the uninformed bebinner.

It all depends. If you want to get serious about photography then look at a nikon d3100 with an 18-105 lens. If you want to stay in the "let\s keep it on full auto and pump out a steady stream of shots typical for my age" then any DSLR will do and sony will add the bonus of perhaps the best liveview system

What is the difference in sony DSC-HX100 and SLT-A33L?




time


They have same price tag. But DSC has 30X zoom and SLT has no zoom what this means which one should I buy?


Answer
The last time I looked, the Sony A33 was a bit more expensive that the HX100.

You are comparing two totally different cameras. The HX100 is what's called a superzoom, or megazoom camera. Sometimes even the term 'bridge camera' is used, but I despise the term.

Superzooms camera are at their core, are compact cameras with a large lens attached, and usually some extra controls and options. They have the same small image sensor packed with too many pixels, and the same poor image quality as a compact.

The Sony A33 is a dSLT camera (nearly identical to a dSLR) and has no zoom because there is no lens permanently attached to the camera. dSLRs and dSLTs never have 'zoom' numbers attached to them for this reason. The A33 crushes the HX100 in just about every single way but one.

You'll never have the zoom factor in the A33 because of the large image sensor. Cameras like the HX100 with its small image sensor can pack a lot of zoom in a smaller lens. The larger image sensor requires a larger lens to get the same reach, that's why you see pro photographers at football games with those massive white zoom lenses that cost a small fortune.

What people don't know is that a cheap superzoom camera with a 15x has more reach than that super long dSLR lens, it's only that large to make up for the larger image sensor. Of course the dSLR image quality is better by leaps and bounds.

So what do you want? for simplicity, and lower weight and size, go for the HX100. Because the lens is fixed, once you buy it, you are done. If you want a camera with the potential to deliver pro image quality, and the ability to change lenses, add a flash or other accessories, go for the A33. One note, the Sony A37 is coming soon and replaces the A35 which replaced the A33 which is a first generation dSLT.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/45636/sony-a37-nex-f3-camera-specs




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment