Sunday, March 16, 2014

Best Telephoto Canon Lens?




O Smart On


I really need a decent to nice telephoto lens for my Canon T1I since my Sigma 18-200mm non-OS doesn't really produce good images at 100mm+. I've been looking and would you guys recommend the Canon 55-250mm IS, 70-300mm IS non-DO, or the 70-200mm f/4 non-IS? My budget is around $800, but I would like to buy other lenses too. For instance, is the 55-250mm IS good enough? I've seen that it produces very decent images for it's price of $300, but would splashing out another $300 or $500 be worth it? Thanks.


Answer
The Canon "L" lenses are in another class. I had the same Sigma lens, and even if it covers a good focal range, it produced crappy pictures until I replaced it with a 70-200mm f/2.8 IS. Even though you are looking at the f/4 non-IS version, it still is the best of the ones you mention. Since you obviously have an eye for quality, that would be the one to go for.

Get some good reading here:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Lenses/Canon-L-Lens-Series.aspx

and some great reading here:
http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Documents/digital_slr_educational_tools/en/ef_lens_work_iii_en.asp

Question about CANON lens ans SLR pricing?




Jimbo


I have my grandpas old canon to sell, It is a Canon rebel S SLR

along with a 50mm EF 1:1.8
a 80-200mm EF 4.5-5.6
and a tamron-f 2x tele-converter (2x c-af bbar mc7)

how much is each of these items worth individually and used?



Answer
It would sell much better as a kit, instead of piece by piece. Somewhere between $100 and $200 would reasonable. You can get $75-$90 for the 50mm EF lens all by itself if it is in good condition. All EF lenses are autofocus, both of those lenses will work on any current Canon camera, film or digital.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment