Sunday, March 16, 2014

Are their adapters for nikon lens to sony dslr cameras?




Jack


I recently purchased a Sony a57 dslr camera and I want to buy new lenses. The lens that I was looking at was a 55-200mm lens but they discontinued that certain lens for Sony. I looked around and found that Nikon has a lot more to offer in the lens department and they had the certain lens that I was looking for. So my question is if there is an adapter that allows Nikon to merge with Sony cameras?


Answer
Get the Sony 75-300 f/4.5-5.6 if you want a telephoto... better lens and costs less than the 55-200.

Or, as pointed out, look for Minolta auto focus lenses, which will work just fine on your camera. The 70-210 f/4 is an outstanding piece of glass, and cheaper than anything from Sony.

Help with finding the right dslr camera lens?




Jackie


I'm looking into buying my first dslr camera but I'm kind of confused on what kind of lens to get. I'm looking for something with a really good zoom and I know for a point and shoot camera I'd want something that is over a 20x Zoom so what would this equal to for a dslr lens? I hope this makes sense, I don't know much about dslr cameras.


Answer
The most common kit lens is 18-55mm
which translates to 55/18 = 3.05x zoom

Nikon makes a 18-300mm, which translates to 16.67x zoom
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18-300mm.htm

A 300mm fixed focus lens means 0x zoom
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/3004af.htm

You are looking at proper DSLR's & they dont operate the same way as point & shoots




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment