Sunday, February 2, 2014

which DSLR camera is best?




Elizabeth


Im going to upgrade my kodak easy share digital camera its slow and the pictures are always blurry even on sports mode and with a daughter who is 17 months old and she is always on the move i can never get a picture with out her face blurred etc and im missing out on so many things , its frustrating because i love photography and i had a 1974 canon tx that was never blurry and i loved the telescopic lens i had with it Im looking at the Canon Rebel the Nikon d3100 or the Sony A330 i want something that is super fast and has multiple photo settings that you can shoot in black and white as you shoot i don't want a compact dslr but something like the Canon Rebel Nikon D3100 or the Sony A330 im just not sure which one is better with Specs and options im looking for more bang for the buck as well as very Professional looking pictures
Ok my budget is up to 600 to 700 hundred dollars n i want pictures to be super clear n less chance of blurry n to be able to zoom up to something as small as a spider on a web or the surfers here out in the water but then be able to blow it up n its still crystal clear i do alot of nature n wildlife pictures as well
The Canon rebel T3 is the one im looking at
Im experienced in taking pictures but iv used a 1974 Canon TX for many many years handed down from my grandfather I bought the kodak digital when my husband deployed so i could get pictures of his daughter he never met n of our two boys and quickly get them to him I prefer film but i want digital instead i know how to use a camera and everything else with a camera im just not liking the kodak due to its always blurry and want a faster better camera and have been wanting a DSLR for quite some time now just wanted peoples opinion on which was a better overall camera



Answer
some of the features you desire don't really have anything to do with the camera. So it makes giving you an answer a little more difficult. Wanting to zoom in on small things like a spider/web and surfers is a function of the lens, and I don't know of one single lens that does it all, and well at that.

Any dSLR will require a good macro lens for tiny subjects, and to allow you to get very close and stay in focus. If you want to reach out and get distant subjects, like surfers or anything else, you'll need a large, expensive telephoto lens.

Also, what are your photographic skills like? A compact can freeze a fast moving child if you understand the settings. Of course image quality could be degraded, but it is possible. If you purchase a dSLR, and plan on shooting in auto mode, you might find yourself disappointed by the results, and you could still be missing shots of your fast moving child. You'll need to put in at least some work, and get to know your dSLR and how it works to get the most out of it. Bottom line, a blurry subject is almost always user error, not a camera error.

There is no perfect camera, Canon, Nikon and Sony alpha each have their pros and cons. I would avoid the A330 and similar, the image sensor performance is lacking. Take a look instead at the Sony A33, A35 and A580. Only Sony has fast phase auto focus when shooting video. Canon and Nikon use slow contrast detect focus when shooting video, and cannot use fast auto focus for video regardless of price. The is crucial for fast moving kids, sports etc.

All three take a great photo. The Canon image sensor is average, Nikon uses better Sony image sensors. Sony is using a sensor that's a step below for the A33 and A35, more like the Canon (all according to DXOmark). So for low light, the entry level Nikons, like the D3100, and 5100 have the best image sensor. Sony uses a really fantastic image sensor in their A580, that's their current bang for the buck dSLR. Avoid the A560, the image sensor performance isn't better than the A33 or A35.

Canon and Nikon will have more lens choices and accessories, especially when you consider walking into a chain store like bestbuy. But that will only affect the hard core shooter, you can get the most popular focal lengths for Sony. The Sony can also use any autofocus minolta lens.

So bottom line, you have more research to do on your own, compare the Canon T2i, T3, T3i, Nikon D3100, Sony A33, A35, A580, compare the features and then make a choice. If you want 'pro looking' images and top notch performance, you'll need to make it happen as well. The best race car, still needs a great driver. Good luck.

First DSLR Camera? Sony, Nikon, and Canon? Help!?




Joyce


Okay so I am 13, a girl, and I really love photography. I was supposed to get my first DSLR camera for Christmas but I don't know what kind to get.
My friend got a Sony a580 or something like that and the pictures are awesome. Except then I heard that Sony isn't as food as Canon and Nikon, since it's new. I was going to get the same camera as my friend because I'm not sure if I need like a bajillion different lenses that Canon and Nikon have.
I was going to get the Samsung ST550, a digital camera that was dual screen, because I heard it has a great "beauty" feature. And I wish that they made a DSLR that also had a beauty feature, because I'm not getting the Samsung. And it's not like I can just bring a DSLR camera to school and take pictures with my friends, so I'm using my iPhone 4 as my "digital" camera. Or like a camera I can take anywhere. I like to take pictures of random things, ahahaha. Self portraits for Facebook profile pictures, my dog, babies and toddlers from church, nature, and flowers, and jumping/moving pictures. And over Spring Break, our whole entire extended family is going to Hawaii and I want to take pictures, and I don't think my phone will cut it.
So what DSLR camera should I get? And I probably wont get a lot of lenses.

I want the Sony a580.
Model Features: 16.2MP, Exmor⢠APS sensor, 1080/60i Full HD movies, two types of Live View, Face Detection, 3D Sweep Panorama, tiltable 3.0" LCD, up to 7 fps continuous shooting, 18-55mm DT zoom lens included.

Sony a55.
Model Features: 16.2MP, Translucent Mirror Technologyâ¢, Quick AF Full HD Movie, GPS tagging, Live View with Phase detection, 10 fps, 15-point auto focus, 18-55mm zoom lens included.

Sony a35
Model Features: 16.2MP, Translucent Mirror Technologyâ¢, Quick AF Full HD Movie, Main sensor Live View with Phase detection, Face Detection, 3D Sweep Panorama, 3.0" LCD, up to 7 fps continuous shooting, 18-55 zoom lens included.

So it's up to those 3. You can suggest another brand/model.anything!



Answer
Well. you're proving my point. Sony is very good at marketing cameras with just the right feature set to appeal to the uninformed bebinner.

It all depends. If you want to get serious about photography then look at a nikon d3100 with an 18-105 lens. If you want to stay in the "let\s keep it on full auto and pump out a steady stream of shots typical for my age" then any DSLR will do and sony will add the bonus of perhaps the best liveview system




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment