Friday, February 7, 2014

canon dslr lenses type?




Hengky W


I'm thinking of getting a canon 500d dslr but I'm confused about all the available lenses. My question is what's the difference between EF lens L series, EF lens non L series, and EF-S lenses. What does USM means? And if I'm trying to get a non canon lenses (like tamron, sigma), what type should I get? How do I know which type of lenses fit with the canon 500d?

Thanks a lot in advance



Answer
The 500D will use both the EF and EF-S lenses

USM is the Canon designation for their fast auto-focus lenses (Ultrasonic Motor)

The only issue with lenses fitting on EOS cameras are with the 35 mm and full frame 1D and 5D camera bodies. The EF-S lenses interfere with those cameras mirrors.

Question about Nikon DSLR camera lenses?




Jen


Can every model of Nikon cameras fit every type of lens? sorry if that doesnt make sense but say you have a Nikon D800 and a Nikon D90. Can the lens on one of them fit onto the other camera?


Answer
Yes. All AF, AF-I and AF-S lenses will fit both the D90 and D800.

Because the D800 is a full frame camera, it automatically crops the image frame if you use one of your DX lenses. FX lenses can be used on both cameras.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment