Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What lens fits the Pentax K-x?

d5000 dslr camera with 18-55mm lens - black on Our BEST Accessory Kit for Nikon D60 and 18-55mm Lens +BONUS
d5000 dslr camera with 18-55mm lens - black image



Vernan


and which camera has the widest available lenses:
Sony Alpha A380
Olympus E-620
Pentax K-x.

Thanks!
I have decided for the D5000 but now I am considering other options because of price...But I know I have to look on the system and its future.



Answer
The Pentax K-x uses the "K" lens mount first introduced in 1975 so any "K" mount lens ever made can be used on the K-x. If its an auto focus lens from circa 1988 it will auto focus on the K-x as it should.

The Pentax K-x was chosen as the 2010 "Best DSLR Entry Level" by the 'Technical Image Press Association'.

Here is a review of the K-x:
http://www.shutterbug.net/equipmentreviews/amateur_digital_slrs/0510pentax/index.html

In my opinion a comparison of the Pentax K-x and the Nikon D5000 finds the D5000 lacking. The Pentax K-x has:

1) A CMOS sensor.

2) Live View.

3) HD Video.

4) Double/multiple exposure capability of from 2 to 9 pictures on a singlr frame with Auto EV Compensation.

5) A focusing motor in the camera body.

6) Image Stabilization in the camera body so any lens used becomes, in effect, an IS lens.

The Nikon D5000 has features 1, 2 & 3 but NOT 4, 5 & 6. If you want auto focus with the D5000 you must buy Nikon's AF-I or AF-S lenses. If you want IS (VR in nikonspeak) you have a limited number of Nikon lenses with that technology. In both cases you pay again and again for features found in the camera body of the K-x.

Current prices w/18-55mm lens from http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Pentax K-x, $499.79

Nikon D5000, $699.95 after a $50.00 Instant Savings from B&H. Offer ends 9-18-2010.

If you're bored with black cameras, the Pentax K-x also comes in colors.
http://www.pentaximaging.com/slr

The Sony A380 can use all the legacy Minolta Maxxum AF lenses dating back to 1985 and they will auto focus as they should.

Which Camera should I get?




allykat_42


I currently have a Nikon d5000 which I love but I need an extra camera as well and not looking for something too extravagant so I have picked out a couple cameras that I like the price for what seems good quality and I need to know which one would be better to get out of these:

1) Nikon - Coolpix L810 16.1-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black
2)Sony - Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V 18.2-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black
3)Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2MP DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens

Those are the three I found that I thought were decent. Any decent respectable honest opinions appreciated please. Thank you.



Answer
Why on earth would you buy a Canon DSLR when you have a Nikon? That would be a terrible idea.

Consider buying another D5000 or a D3000 - used, of course.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment