Monday, January 20, 2014

What is the best zoom Lens for canon camera?

best lens canon xs on ... Canon Rebel T1I/XSI/XS | Overstock.com Shopping - The Best Deals on
best lens canon xs image



Nic


I have a canon xs and the Lens it came with is fine for close ups but it can not take pictures from far away because the Zoom is terrible. I need some suggestions for a lens that is under 900 that can help me.


Answer
Under $900 I'd probably go for the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 DG Macro HSM II lens. It runs $700. Extremely sharp lens, comparable with the Canon 70-200 f/4L. Great zoom. Low light ability with a fixed f/ of 2.8 makes a HUGE difference.
I shy away from the Canon 70-200 f/4L for one reason only. Most lenses are at their sharpest roughly 2 stops above wide open. Which puts the f/4 lens at f/8 to be it's sharpest. That requires a LOT of light. F/4 isn't really useable without flash inside with your camera without adding flash.
The f/2.8 lens puts you at f/5.6 for it's sharpest. Using it at f/2.8 you will be able to use it indoors in a lot of situations with your camera without flash.
Otherwise? Canon is a superb lens. If low light ability isn't a concern for you (school sports, indoor work,etc) it's worth every penny.

What do you think would be a great lens for my canon XS of taking pictues for people out on the street?




myteethsmi


I want to start taking pictures of street life... people walking ... people sitting...people out and about... what lens for my canon XS do you think would be good for the job?

Thanks

Jake
also something that is not going to break me....

Im talking like maybe 300 dollars max...



Answer
The Sigma 70 - 200mm EX APO f2.8. Great lens, most pro's have one.

http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/lenses/telezoom/70-200mm.htm

Focuses closer than any other manufacturer making it a near Macro lens, rear focusing so it focuses in the blink of an eye. Superb image quality.

Chris




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment