Sunday, November 17, 2013

What are the best camera lenses to use for portraits and concerts?

dslr camera lenses zoom on ... Dslr Camera With Flash And Zoom Lens Set Inside Ellipse Done In Retro
dslr camera lenses zoom image



x�mead


I just want to hear your suggestions about what camera lenses to use use if you want to...

Take sharp portraits. A lense that captures face and body well. When you photograph outfits or fashion and makeup pictures.

Secondly, I wonder if there's any good lense for concert photography? I guess I should look for a tele-zoom. Some people say they make pictures more blurry. Is this true or just a myth?

Thank you.



Answer
Good portraits can be taken with any quality lens, however something in the 50mm-85mm range is good on a APS-C sized sensor (ie entry levels & prosumer DSLR's). I use either a 50mm f1.8, a 50mm f2.8 macro or an 85mm f1.8.

Concert work - well depends on how close you are & how much light there is. If you're some distance from the stage you'll need something with some reach - a good general purpose lens would be something like the 18-200mm. If its dark, you'll need a lens which is capable of wide apertures (ie f2.8). Unfortunately, to get a combination of long reach AND wide aperture costs a great deal!

How do I compare zoom between point&shoot and DSLR camera?




Robert Mag


I want to buy a camera with really good quality and very high zoom, I see a lot of point&shoot cameras that specify their zoom level, like some new models now indicate 20x zoom.
However, how would that compare to a dslr camera if I buy a telephoto lens or something,
how do I know if the dslr and lens have better than 20x zoom?



Answer
Most cameras now show the focal length in 35mm equivalents. If I take my old compact as an example then:-

It had a 10x zoom. The wide angle lens on this camera started at 25mm. That means simply the "zoom" was 25-250mm in equivalent terms as 25x10=250.

My DSLR lenses on the otherhand are:

18-55mm = 3x
50mm = 0x
70-300mm = 4.3x

Although the crop factor changes the values slightly in 35mm terms (18-55 becomes a 28-80 approx) the 3x "zoom" stays the same.

I think one of the biggest zooms on DSLR is the Tamron 15x 18-270mm




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment