Friday, August 9, 2013

What is a good portrait lens for a Canon?

best canon is lens for portrait on ... lenses for Nikon or Canon dSLRs  Possibly the Best Portrait
best canon is lens for portrait image



Jackie


I have a Canon Rebel T2i and I'm wanting to take portraits. All I have ist the kit lens which isn't that great. Also I am considering buying an aftermarket lens. So my question, what is a good portrait lens, and is it a good idea to go with an aftermarket lens? Also what is a good lens to do portraits for large families and groups.


Answer
50mm f1.8 or 35mm f1.8 or 24-70mm f2.8 L series.

3rd party lenses are ok ... Sigma and Tamron being the most well known. I'd stick with Canon lenses mainly due to the fact that 3rd party lenses are reverse engineered and there could be potential problems with compatibility with future bodies.

It doesn't mean that there WILL be a problem but there could.

The Sigma 24-70 f2.8 is actually a farily decent lens (when compared to Canon's simply awesome 24-70 f2.8 L) and is like 500$ or 600$ cheaper than the Canon version. I'm still going to get the Canon version mainly for the weatherproofing.

Either way, get the 50mm f1.8 ... it;s dirt ceap at 140$ and pretty decent image quality for the price.

What is a good portrait lens for a Canon?




Jackie


I have a Canon Rebel T2i and I'm wanting to take portraits. All I have right now is the kit lens and it's not all that great. Also I am considering buying an aftermarket lens. So my question is, what is a good lens for taking portraits and is a good idea to buy and aftermarket lens. Also what is a good lens to do portraits for large families and groups.


Answer
For head and shoulder portraits, the Canon 50mm f1.8

A 50mm will be useless for groups, you would need to stand a fair distance back. Use your existing 18-55mm for groups. Unless you get something like a 24mm f2.8 or a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment