Sunday, October 6, 2013

What is the best dslr camera for an all around photography?

dslr camera with fixed lens on ... megapixel digital SLR camera with 18-135mm kit lens at Crutchfield.com
dslr camera with fixed lens image



Kiel D


Hi, I just wanted to know, what are your suggestions, in the best dslr camera (any brand) considering the price, performance, and it's specialty. I'm currently using a Fujifilm Finepix S9500. It's my first dslr, and it's quite slow, and it has a fixed lens. I'm planning on looking for a better dslr. I use the camera for our church. Covering events like, sermons, parties, seminars, fellowships, concerts, and baptismal.
So, I need a camera that's quick, adjustable to present conditions, and can produce high-quality images even in harsh lighting conditions.
I'm looking for a camera that is good will a the events above. And I'm really praying for a better one.
Any suggestions?



Answer
"What is the best dslr camera for an all around photography?"

Whatever you can afford. New kits start around $600, while some decent used ones might be found for half that with luck.

"So, I need a camera that's quick, adjustable to present conditions, and can produce high-quality images even in harsh lighting conditions."

*No* camera does that. Screw anyone that tells you otherwise.

DSLRs require quite a bit of attention by the shooter. There is a point where shooting conditions get so bad that you have to improve them yourself or forsake the shotâeven the top-tier DSLRs can't do all of the work. Only experience can tell you when you need to add flash, have someone hold a bounce card by the door, bracket for exposure and spend some time in Photoshop, or try the shot tomorrow when lighting is better.

Church photography? Splurge on a good pan/tilt flash head and a decent wide aperture lens. Maybe even consider installing brighter indoor lighting. These will have much more effect on your images than the camera body.

Help with finding the right dslr camera lens?




Jackie


I'm looking into buying my first dslr camera but I'm kind of confused on what kind of lens to get. I'm looking for something with a really good zoom and I know for a point and shoot camera I'd want something that is over a 20x Zoom so what would this equal to for a dslr lens? I hope this makes sense, I don't know much about dslr cameras.


Answer
The most common kit lens is 18-55mm
which translates to 55/18 = 3.05x zoom

Nikon makes a 18-300mm, which translates to 16.67x zoom
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18-300mm.htm

A 300mm fixed focus lens means 0x zoom
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/3004af.htm

You are looking at proper DSLR's & they dont operate the same way as point & shoots




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment